European startups ended 2021 with a healthy €92 billion of capital raised, according to PitchBook data, representing an increase of 116% over 2020. PitchBook analysts are predicting that this year capital invested will reach a stunning €175 billion as round sizes and valuations continue their upward trajectory.
Not only is the amount of money flowing into European tech startups and scale-ups growing rapidly, the region’s total share on a global level is also on the rise.
We have prepared 10 growth investment recommendations to help entrepreneurs make the most of 2022. They are:
Source: 2021 European Venture Report Pitchbook
- Be ambitious to raise investment in 2022
- Show past funding and current investors
- Mobilize existing investors into next rounds
- Focus on lead investors first and foremost
- Reach out to the lead investors doing the deals in your sector wherever they are
- Engage non-traditional investors such as banks, PE firms, hedge and pension funds, sovereign funds, and corporate VCs (CVC)-beyond traditional VC
- Consider IPOs for long term growth and develop relations with investment banks
- Demonstrate solid metrics, valuations, and disciplined execution
- Showcase the impact of your deeptech
- Communicate and seek PR internationally
To sum it up, develop relationship with strong lead investors & corporate and government partners. In case you need more information, please contact Blagovesta or Iva from Tech Tour.